Early Years Foundation Stage
Welcome to Reception!
Remember these are just ideas!
Home learning - Week beginning 30th March
Use these resources as you see fit. We have added much more than the children would do in a week so that you can choose what suits your own family.
In a 'normal' school day, each child would probably do 2 X 10 minutes reading
10 minutes maths teaching 20 minutes maths activities/games
10 minutes writing with lots of talking first to plan the sentence
The rest of the time is learning through play 'Continuous Provision', PE and learning how to get along together.
Reading: Bug Club
(This includes Biff, Chip and Kipper books)
Phonics: 'ir' diagraph (see attachments)
Writing: (see attachments)
Maths: Halving and sharing (see attachments)
https://vimeo.com/106231366 (Jolly phonics song)
https://www.purplemash.com/#app/games/simplecity (Garden centre challenge)
https://families.jigsawpshe.com/stuck-at-home/ (Password: Home)
- WC 30.03.20 - t-t-2546559-shape-chick-2d-shape-activity-sheets_ver_1.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-e-2549567-spring-themed-early-writing-activities_ver_3.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-tp-7080-bees-in-the-garden-halving-worksheet_ver_1.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - AU-L-144-AE-or-IE-Split-Digraph-Worksheet (1).pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-n-7553-what-is-half-halving-activity-cutouts-english.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - T-T-26046-Spring-Mindfulness-Colouring_ver_1.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-c-254628-differentiated-halving-to-20-ladybird-activity-sheets.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-l-4137-phase-5-roll-and-read-mat-ir-_ver_1.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-n-7554-what-is-half-a-halving-shapes-powerpoint-english_ver_1.pptx
- WC 30.03.20 - t-l-2468-phase-5-ir-grapheme-workbook-_ver_2.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-l-526145-ir-phoneme-spotter-postcard-english.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-l-9197-phase-5-ir-real-and-nonsense-words-flashcards-_ver_1.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - T-L-4677-Phase-5-ir-Colour-by-Phoneme-Real-and-Nonsense-Words.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 - t-l-526522-find-and-write-the-ir-words-differentiated-activity-sheets_ver_11.pdf
- WC 30.03.20 Lolly Pop 2.png
- WC 30.03.20 Lolly Pop.png
- Parents - Emotion Coaching Guidance.pdf
- Parents - Parent guidances COVID19.doc
- Parents - - NSPCC Positive Parenting.pdf
- Parents - Picture News Learning From Home - 30th March - Remaining positive.zip
- Parents - Primary Picture News Resource England - 30th March - Remaining positive.zip
- Mrs Fuller (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Miss Browne (Tuesday)
- Miss Nunnerley (All day)
Reception is a fun and exciting place to be, please take a look at our curriculum map to see all the fantastic things we will be learning this year.
Blue bags - Blue Bags will be sent home on Fridays. They will need to be returned by the following Thursday for reading and library books to be changed and for phonics activities to be sent home.
Water bottles - We encourage the children to drink plenty of water throughout the day and they are more than welcome to bring their own named water bottle into school with them. We also have a water fountain, that the children enjoy using. If your child brings a water bottle to school please fill it for them. If they drink all of their water, we will top it up during the day.
PE - PE takes place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please send your child's PE kit into school in a named drawstring bag.
Snack - We are part of the Fruit and Vegetable Scheme and each day different fruit and vegetable options come into school. In Reception Class we have a snack time where the children sit and enjoy their snack together.
Learning is exciting in Reception Class!