Welcome to Year 4
- Hamilton English - Please see the letter below explaining how to access a daily english lesson - Week 3.
- Tasks from 'To do' (2do) on Purple Mash - Here you will find Grammar, Spelling, Science, IC&T and Themed work tasks to complete. You will need your username and password.
- Bug Club - Lots of lovely books to read. We'll be keeping an eye on your answers! You will need your username and password.
- David Walliams audio book - You can listen to David Walliams' daily short stories at any time, with each being released at 11.00am from 24 March to 23 April.
- Reading Journals - Pick one a week or every 2 weeks to work on. Remember to take your time and present it beautifully please.
- White Rose Maths - Please see the letter below explaining how to access a daily maths tutorial and worksheet - Week 3. You can now access the Power Maths textbook & practice book which we use in school via the same link. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on 'Power Maths Year 4' and the practice book is available in the 'Resources' tab. You may wish to use this alongside White Rose to provide extra practise if required. The 'challenge' questions are usually fairly demanding!
- MyMaths - Work will be set to appear on a Friday for the week ahead. You will need your username and password.
- Numeracy Workout - Choose activities that you need extra practise on. You will need a username and password.
- TTRockstars or Pinpoint Maths - Keep practising those times tables! We'll be following your progress rock stars! You will need your username and password.
- Numbots - Using your TTRockstars login, you can now practise your number bonds and addition & subtraction facts. Please see the letter below.
- PE with The Body Coach - Joe Wicks will be doing fitness sessions at 9am Monday-Friday, a great start to the day for you and your family!
- Real PE - Email sent on 21.3.2020. detailing how to access this scheme.
- Science BBC Bitesize - Some great activities that can be used over this half-term to support our 'Solids, liquids & gases' topic.
- Science - To complete our 'Solids, liquids & gases' topic, there is a water cycle game attached below that you can print, make and play with your family.
- GoNoodle - GoNoodle is a fantastic website that we regularly use in class. The children love the dances and workouts; it focuses on mindfulness by engaging children in physical activities with dances and songs. You will need to set up an account, but this is free - there is a letter to parents to help with this at the foot on the page. Have a go at completing the Move and Learn activity sheet.....there's a link at the foot of the page for this too.
- Art/drawing - Art for Kids Hub shows children how to draw using video tutorials (especially their favourite characters). Cartooning Club is another lovely drawing tutorial channel.
- Jigsaw - Here are some stories (audio files) and Calm Me times (audio files) that you may wish to share with your child from two of our PSHE sessions that we have recently introduced.
- Music - Miss McGann has sent all pupils their Charanga login details and activities can be found on the website.
- White Rose Maths School Letter.pdf
- NumBots parent letter.docx
- Go Noodle parent letter.pdf
- Go Noodle Move and Learn Activity Sheet.pdf
- Grammar Terminology table.pdf
- Lego challenges.PNG
- Picture News Learning from Home Ideas - 6th April - Animals in the Wild.zip
Teachers: Mrs Sinclair & Miss Roberts
PPA Cover: Miss Taylor
Classroom Support: Mrs Dawber, Mrs Harrop & Mrs Maw
P.E. Lessons are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Outdoor P.E. will be on Wednesdays, so please remember outdoor kits, especially suitable trainers.