- ‘Drop ins’ – Come and see your child's class teacher, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Kelly, or Mrs Puckey if you have any concerns or would like some support. Just pop to the office to make an appointment
- Early Help Assessment – An assessment to help children, young people and families get the help they need at the right time. Together we will focus on what’s working well, and what can be done if things need to improve, to make positive changes and improve family life.
- Holding family support meetings – some parents/carers don’t feel comfortable having a family outreach worker so we offer family support meetings through school. School staff lead the meetings, inviting the relevant agencies so that we can all work together to give you and your family the support you need.
- Holding attendance meetings – enabling the best support for your child to attend school regularly and punctually giving them the best start in life
In Warrington we know that children, young people and their families have different types of needs and sometimes they may require extra support. One way this extra support can be provided is through an Early Help Assessment.
An Early Help Assessment can be completed by any professional, from any service, who is working with a child, young person or family. The Early Help Support Team's role is to provide information, guidance and support to these professionals, we don't work directly with children or families.
An Early Help Assessment is completed in partnership with your family and also a range of different organisations such as the council, schools, health services, etc, in order to create a package of support that meets the needs of the whole family. The assessment means everyone can make sure the support is working and making a difference.
An Early Help Review/Closure Plan ensures the correct level of support is provided for an individual/family at the right time, and it can be regularly reviewed to make sure the plan continues to meet the needs of the family, and prevents any issues getting worse.
Find out more about Early Help, and local services and organisations who can support your family: www.mylifewarrington.co.uk/earlyhelp
Contact the Early Help Support Team:
- Tel: 01925 443136
- Email: email@example.com
- For health colleagues: firstname.lastname@example.org