There are eight objectives to achieve within the Well-being Award Framework, containing several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set out within each. The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional well-being and mental health of both staff and pupils. The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that well-being is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of every day school life
- Improving the emotional well-being of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues