PE and Sport's Grants
PE and Sports Grant
PE and Sports Grant 2019-20
Twiss Green Community Primary School
Sports Premium Funding
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding is used to improve the quality and breadth of PE. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of. It will also be used to provide additional swimming provision targeted at pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the National Curriculum.
The following document outlines the spending for this academic year.
The budget will be reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments will be made according to the needs of the pupils and staff of Twiss Green Community Primary School
Impact of PE and Sport Premium
- continuation of high quality Physical Education within Physical Education sessions
- more sporting activities available before and after school
- timetable of extra-curricular sporting activities
- increased attendance at extra-curricular activities
- children trying new sports and activities
- ongoing CPD increasing staff confidence and competence in delivering PE and sport (especially those new to post or year group)
- increased attendance and success at sporting competitions
- continuing intra school’s competitions
At Twiss Green we recognise the contribution of Physical Education to the health and well-being of our children. We know that an innovative and varied Physical Education curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.