RSE Parental Consultation October 2021
PSHE, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) Consultation
From September 2021, it is a statutory requirement that all schools in England and Wales are teaching Relationship and Sex Education as a fundamental part of the curriculum.
As part of implementing the RSE curriculum, schools must consult with the children, parents, staff and governors to ensure there is a general consensus on our approaches to policy and the curriculum content. At Twiss Green, we have been working hard to update our PSHE and RSE curriculum to ensure that it is appropriate for our pupils.
Twiss Green will be starting their consultation process on Wednesday 6th October 2021; the consultation will close on Wednesday 20th October 2021.
As part of this, parents, staff and governors, will be asked to read through the following two documents (see below) and make comments on them. Please note there are also links to over documents that you may find useful. The two documents that you are asked to read as part of the consultation will be:
- Consultation on PSHE/RSE Policy, October 2021 (Draft)
- Consultation on PSHE/RSE Curriculum, October 2021 (Draft)
In order to provide your feedback to this consultation, we would appreciate your completion of the following questionnaire:
- Consultation on the Twiss Green PSHE and RSE Policy September 2021 (Draft)
- Consultation on PSHE/RSE Curriculum, September 2021 (Draft)
- WBC RSHE primary school parent guide.pptx
- RSE Primary Guide for Parents
- Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education
- DFE Frequently Asked Questions
- Changing Me Jigsaw Vocabulary Table.pdf