At Twiss Green it is our intent to teach mathematics in a purposeful and engaging manner which will equip our children with a powerful set of tools to understand and change the world.
At Twiss Green it is our aim to develop:
- a positive attitude towards mathematics and an awareness of the fascination of mathematics
- competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills
- an ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately
- initiative and an ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- an ability to communicate mathematics
- an ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life
- an understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment
Our pupils and staff love Maths and we work hard to promote Maths at Twiss Green. We have a dedicated Maths Week during Maths Week England and we aim to develop cross-curricular links, to encourage creativity and provide opportunities for pupils of all abilities. Have a look at our slide show to see how Maths is enjoyed throughout the school!
White Rose Maths scheme:
At Twiss Green, we use the White Rose Maths scheme as our main resource for teaching a mastery approach for our curriculum. Below are the White Rose termly planning grids for your information. These can be used in conjunction with our knowledge organisers to provide a clear learning pathway in order for you to help your child on their mathematics learning journey with us.
- Reception termly overview
- Year 1 overview
- Year 2 overview
- Year 3 overview
- Year 4 overview
- Year 5 overview
- Year 6 overview
- National Curriculum Progression Y1 - Y6
Year group knowledge organisers:
Using these fantastic knowledge organisers will mean that you can provide support for your children while promoting independent working and learning in maths. As well as supporting the White Rose Maths scheme of learning which we use as our core resource at Twiss Green, these knowledge organisers link to core concepts in the national curriculum and help to develop mastery.
Information for parents:
At Twiss Green, our teaching centres around fostering a love for, and confidence in, Maths through a creative, engaging and active curriculum using a mastery approach to teaching.
We welcome parental support to secure key Maths knowledge and skills in our pupils. Click on the links below for further information concerning the mastery teaching of Mathematics at Twiss Green and for links to some of the resources we use. Further information can be found on individual class pages on the website.