Welcome to Twiss Green School! I hope that your association with us will be a long and happy one. The children and adults who work here feel that it is a very special place. We have tried to encapsulate in words what it is that makes it so special.
‘a learning community where everyone matters and everyone cares’
- to actively promote the development of children’s physical, personal, social and moral development through a broad and balanced curriculum as well as through their academic progress
- to create a safe and stimulating environment where everyone feels valued
- to enjoy learning and celebrate achievement, encouraging the children to take pride in themselves and all that they do
- to actively promote family values, self-esteem and awareness of the needs of others
- to equip the children with skills and confidence for their future lives and provide them with the opportunity to fulfil their potential
The school has twice been judged to be ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED; in April 2007 and again in November 2009. At the end of the last inspection the inspectors said, “This is an outstanding school… particularly successful in maintaining the consistently high standards that pupils reach in English, mathematics and science. These high standards reflect the outstanding progress made by all pupils. Outstanding teaching and a rich curriculum are important factors in helping pupils to achieve so highly. Pupils’ excellent behaviour, their willingness to learn and their excellent attendance are other key factors contributing to their outstanding achievement... Pupils display very good personal qualities, including their spiritual, social, moral and cultural development. This reflects the outstanding care, guidance and support provided...Pupils’ responses to questionnaires and in discussion showed that the vast majority feel very safe and greatly enjoy school”.
Under the current Ofsted inspection framework ‘outstanding schools’ are exempt from routine inspection; however, Ofsted retains the power to inspect if performance drops or other concerns are raised. The fact that we have not been inspected for so long means that we have maintained our Outstanding status for almost ten years.